Motorhome and Camper Insurance

One of the greatest parts of the Spokane, and the northwest in general is the endless camping destinations. People travel from all over the country to enjoy what we have here. 

Having a motorhome, travel trailer, or fifth wheel means enjoying staycations across the northwest and beyond. The freedom of just choosing where and when to rest your head is heaven, especially for those who want to explore without spending much. But before you set your journey, you need to be sure that your rig has adequate protection.

Many things could potentially go wrong with your camper. From fires, to water damage, RV insurance is designed to give you that peace of mind, knowing your investment in fun is protected. Need to know more about RV insurance? Lilac Insurance Group show you what we can offer. 

Is Motorhome/RV insurance mandatory?

Sort-of... Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and Montana require that you carry minimum liability insurance on a motorized recreational vehicles. Most finance companies also require comprehensive and collision coverage be maintained on your camper while it's financed. Even if you own your rig outright, the relatively inexpensive cost of RV insurance is money well spent. 

Different coverages of RV/Camper insurance

RV insurance has different coverages, allowing you to choose those coverages that meet your needs and budget. Some coverage options include:

  • Bodily injury liability: If your motorhome causes an accident and you are at fault, the coverage will pay for the other person's medical expenses.
  • Property damage liability coverage: If you cause an accident, this coverage will pay for damages on another person’s property or vehicle.
  • Collision coverage: The coverage pays for damages to your motorhome regardless of who is at the fault of the accident.
  • Comprehensive coverage: It pays for damages caused to your motorhome by non-collision perils, such as falling objects, fire, storms, vandalism, theft, and other natural calamities as per the policy.
  • Medical coverage: It pays for your medical costs for injuries suffered in a vehicular accident.
  • Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage covers bodily injury and property damage costs in hit-and-run incidences or when you collide with a motorist carrying little or no insurance.

Getting a quote is easy, simply text us or submit a quote request form and we'll promptly send you options for your rig. Located in Spokane, we can help cover your RV comprehensively, and affordably.